Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Baby Love...

I am so excited to say that we are expecting our first little babe in May of next year! It is truly a blessing. I love thinking that this time next year, I will have a squishy baby to kiss all over!

Despite the fact that I am 13 weeks pregnant today, I am not too sure that it has really hit me. I know that seems crazy. Seriously though, I have been pretty darn blessed by not having the symptoms that I know many women out there are far too familiar with.

Nausea not so much. Occasional heart burn- yes. Bloating- yup. Sleepiness-sometimes. Insomnia-unfortunately. Although last night I only got up once the whole night, that seriously calls for some celebration. Bloody noses, totally had that in the beginning-something no one tells you about!

We have had two appointments so far. We got to see the little bean back at 8wks. Which was so sweet. All I cared about was seeing the little heart beat. Once I saw it, I felt more pregnant and so thankful. Our last appt, we got to hear it, and can I just say that my husband is too cute! As soon as my doctor put on the doppler and found it, my husband had the biggest, cheesiest grin on his face. I fell in love, all over with him again at that moment.  I love being able to see him get so excited about becoming a father. I can't wait to see him hold the baby for the first time. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

For now...I am looking forward to our next appointment and for the big ultrasound (2 appts. away, argh!) that will hopefully show us whether we are having a boy or a girl! I am soo looking forward to finding out what we are having! I commend those who can wait, but I know that we can't!

I am excited, can you tell?!

No comments: