Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Blessings

Easter is this weekend, I truly am so excited for it! Easter is so special to me. As a kid I took the holiday for...a day off from school..bunnies...eggs, (by the way-who in the world came up with these things?? Bunnies for Easter? What do eggs have to do with bunnies? ha!) Anywhooly, I seriously used to get so excited for the holiday and my little basket that my mom would give us kids. Yes, she would even give us a little something like a new cd or something when we were even in highschool! Ha! I grew up in church and knew the story. Just never gave it too much thought.

I am so thankful for the Lord. The past few years, He has opened my heart, mind, and eyes to all that He is. There is still so much more that I know He wants to share with me. I am blessed this Easter, by Him. His son. His sacrifice, for me..and for you. Some say you never fully understand the love of the Father, until you have a child of your own. I believe this, and look forward to the day that I can fully understand.

I know how loving Jesus himself really was, through what was displayed on the cross. No one could ever go through what He did, without the love that He had for us. Jesus represents all that love consists of.

For this I am thankful, this Easter and every Easter for the rest of my life.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His son into to the world to condemn it, but in order that the world might be saved through Him." John 3:16-17

No comments: