Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Thanksgiving. It's not about Turkey. In fact quite frankly I could probably be a vegetarian, I don't get at all excited about the bird, or any meat really.It's all about the sides baby! Gimme some sweet potatoe casserole, and I am a happy girl!

On a more serious note, this holiday has completely changed for me as I have gotten older and errr..mature! Eeek! Growing up I never really took it to heart. But as I sit and truly think about how extremely blessed I feel and am, I can't help but be thankful!

The other night I was lying in bed, and talking my husbands ear off, as usual, as he drifts in and out of snors. Poor guy! I layed there so warm and cozy in my oh so soft sheets and thought...Thank you God. Thank you for this bed!! How often I take something that seems so expected and basic for granted. Thank you for our house-shelter! Thank you God for my husband! He was and is the sweetest blessing by far! Even this blessing I tend to take for granted at times.

I am blessed more than I know or deserve. I am also so thankful for a loving God, who gives a new strength and an abundance of grace each and everyday! This scripture stuck out to me the other day: It's in Isaiah 38:17 " God's love has delivered my soul from the pit and He has cast all of my sins behind His back!" I am so in love with this! God has totally taken all of the way I used to live, think, act and speak and thrown it over his shoulder! In His eyes, none of that no longer exists. Thank goodness.

These are just a few of the things that I am thankful for! I want to work on this mindset to continue year round, not just around a holiday. Don't you?

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for family and friends...and all of the yummy food!

No comments: